Looking after your health and your physical body is important as it contributes to your quality of life in many ways. By taking care of your health you will feel better physically and emotionally.
One important note before getting started, you should always consult with your health care provider before starting any physical exercise routine or making significant changes to your diet and eating habits.
Here are some things you can do to improve or maintain your health:
- Get regular check-ups as appropriate for your age and gender
- Get a physical and consult with your doctor or health care provider. This can give insight into where you are healthy and what areas you can improve
- Visit your dentist and optometrist on a regular basis
- While it is possible to live on less sleep, getting enough regular, consistent sleep can help improve your performance during the day
- Achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Join a weight loss challenge
- Learn about diet and nutrition
- Follow a body building and/or cardiovascular exercise routine
- Train for a marathon
- Study martial arts or yoga
- Join a health club and go on a regular basis