The personal skills section of this website includes the general areas of mental and emotional goals. These can be considered the most important skills you can work on. Whatever your goals are, improving your personal skills will make you more effective in achieving them. Your personal skills provide a foundation for your other goals. Work in this area can help you overcome obstacles that prevent you from moving forward in other areas of your life.
Earl Nightingale once said "We become what we think". This idea, which has recently been popularized as 'The Secret', implies that we can change our life by changing how we think. This is a very powerful idea because it is accessible to everyone. This is also why personal skills are so important.
When choosing skills from this section of the website it is good to align them with goals that you have in other areas of your life. At the same time it is also good to explore new territory and develop personal skills that you don't currently have. This will help you expand your life and see opportunities that you otherwise may have overlooked.
Some examples of personal skills include:
- Goal Setting
- Improve decision making skills and strategies
- Develop better control of emotions and internal states
- Improve mental skills to apply to all areas of life. This can help you achieve what you want by working smarter, not harder
- Improve your memory
- Learn visualization
- Learn how to use self hypnosis
- Make a life plan and personal vision statement
There are many ways to go about developing personal skills. The following are some ideas of how to go about doing it:
- Read literature
- Learn from other great thinkers
- Regularly read Self Help and Personal Development books
- Listen to audio books
- Attend courses
More InformationGoal Setting
Learn more in less time
The secret to a better memory