Many people feel that their family is the source of their greatest happiness. It makes sense, therefore, to work towards improving and maintaining a good family life. Since our lives generally revolve around our families, goals in this area of our life are often interrelated with other goals such as finance, vacation, and where we live.
Here are some ideas of things you can do to improve the quality of your family life:
- Spend more time with your children, spouse, and other extended family members. Work towards deepening your relationship with your family members.
- Plan regular family vacations
- If you have a new child give them a head start with their reading skills
- Engage in regular family activities such as going to the zoo, out to dinner or a movie
- Make time for ‘dates’ with your spouse away from children
- Make time for ‘dates’ with your children — choose an activity that is age appropriate
- Read to your children before bed
- Get involved with your children’s education. Help your kids with their homework, get to know their teachers, attend PTA meetings
- Make time for family meals — if not every day then once or twice a week
- Give more support and encouragement as well as offer recognition to all family members
- Supporting your children’s school and extra curricular activities
- Say ‘yes’ more often